If you were going to sue someone, would you use "their" attorney? No you wouldn't. "Their" attorney would be looking out "their" best interest. When you use the shop the insurance company is steering you to, that shop is looking out for "their" best interest, not yours. Find someone you can trust.
Don't let insurance companies persuade you to take your vehicle to one of their "Preferred" shops. Educate yourself and find a shop that has "your" best interests in mind, not someone obligated to cut corners at your expense. It's your car, it's your choice.
Steering is illegal, most states have laws in place to prevent steering. That means even if they are pressuring you to take your vehicle to their "Preferred" shop, you don't have to comply.
If you feel like the insurance company is giving you an unfair settlement, this is the best means to negotiate. It's in every insurance policy, it is your right as a consumer. Use it if you feel you are being victimized.
If your vehicle has been involved in a collision, even after a proper repair, its market value will be reduced. You may have the right to claim the loss in value from the at fault party's insurance company.
Our goal is to educate you, the consumer, about the auto claims process.
If an insurance representative tries to persuade you to go to one of their partner body shops, they are breaking a federal mandate. Are you being manipulated by an insurance representative?
Some Reasons Why The 1963 Consent Decree Needs To Be Enforced Today
1. Insurance companies may be colluding with body shops to cut costs on repairs at your expense.
2. Insurance preferred DRP shops are not allowed to include any hidden damage on their estimate. If the damage cannot be seen in a photo, regardless if they know it's damaged or not, they are not allowed to include it.
3. Some preferred DRP shops will use counterfeit parts, and they are trained to tell you those imitation parts are just as good as factory original parts. They are not! Counterfeit parts may affect the safety of your vehicle and may also void your factory warranty and decrease its value. Check with your local dealer about factory warranty before using an insurance preferred shop.
4. Preferred DRP shops may help the insurance company swindle you out of what you are rightfully owed in a total loss situation. Find out the value before you settle.
Note: Ask yourself why do the claims adjusters try so hard to get you to use one of "their" discount, DRP facilities. Don't be manipulated! 60% of people fall for their tricks. Many claims adjusters have a psychology degree in order to help them manipulate you.
3 Steps To a Proper Safe Repair
1. NEVER take your car where the insurance company representative is persuading you to go.
2. ALWAYS take it to someone that is looking out for "Your" best interest, not "Theirs".
3. DON'T let them manipulate you.
To better understand what is happening, click on the pictures below to watch the videos.